Monday, April 15, 2013

Chingola traffic officers disappoint residents

I Report

By Moses Mushinka

I am very disappointed with the traffic police in Chingola and I can say they are a let-down.

 On Saturday April 13, 2013 around 16:50 hours, I was coming from town and before we reached the Boma roundabout, I noticed two trucks where turning on the roundabout in which one of the truck struggled to turn on the roundabout though the driver later managed.
We continued moving and again we noticed two other trucks carrying DUMP TRUCK on there trailers, these two went further to the under bridge but the DUMP TRUCKS they carried had the height more than recommended to cross through that Rail under bridge.
I am very sure that these two truck drivers knew the height of the DUMP TRUCKS before they reached there because of the signage at Kasompe barrack.
But I am shocked and surprised why they could ignore the Traffic Signs and I wonder if they just keep on driving like mad persons without noticing the traffic signs.
Also I am very disappointed with the Traffic police in Chingola; I can say they are all but a let-down. When these 2 trucks caused a serious Traffic Jam imagine there was no Traffic Police officer to control the situation until 18:00 hours when the incidence happened about 100 metres from the police station.
I don't know if they came or not.  The bus, tax and other personal drivers had to put their minds together to find at least a solution. 

They struggled and people just started moving out of the public transport and decided to walk. I am warning the Traffic Police in Chingola to be serious in their jobs and they should avoid embarrassing us from foreigners who use that road. 
This is not the first time I have noticed this situation, this behavior must come to an end. How can you feel if it was you knocking off from work, maybe you have traveled a very long distances and you find such a traffic jam which can take so many hours to be resolved. The Traffic police officers are just doing nothing. Disappointed!!!!!!!  

No comments:

Subscribe Now